Ladies, you have to agree that the feeling of wearing sexy lingerie can make you feel confident and totally on top of the world. You know the feeling we’re talking about: admiring yourself in the mirror from all angles, with Beyonce and Nicki Minaj's lyrics running through your mind: “I'm feelin' myself, I'm feelin' my, feelin' my, feelin' myself”. I am sure you will agree with us, the right lingerie is a girl’s true best friend, for real.
We always say to dress for ourselves rather than anyone else. Imagine what that extra bit of confidence, the desirableness that only you can feel and understand, can do to your day, right? The importance and the empowerment of lingerie are very much understated and it can seriously add some energy to even the hardest day.
Here are a few lingerie brands you should know if you want to enjoy that little kick-off attitude. There is at least one brand for each body type, too, so you don’t need to try to fit into something that just doesn’t work for your shape!
Our recommended lingerie options for the girl on the hunt
1. If you are looking for cheeky, colourful, and playful lingerie that is both sexy and comfortable, then Dora Larsen is just the place to visit. Our current favourite is the Ana set which comes in cranberry, flamingo pink and deep brown. We just love the idea of mix and match, from the high-waisted briefs to the seamless knickers. After all, variety is the SPICE of life, are we right? Another great alternative is Savage X Fenty, and we can't help but praise Rihanna for her show-stopping lingerie at an affordable price!!. Not only are her collections playful, but they are inclusive of all body shapes and sizes so everyone can have some fun. The selection of lingerie and intimates will allow you to explore and discover different sides of yourself. If you like Savage, you might also r! Take a look at their website and see what suits your fancy the most.
2. If it’s romance and true sex appeal you are after, then Honey Birdette, La Perla or Agent Provocateur is just the place for you to explore. Think satin, silk, lace sets, corsets, and other luxurious options — they have it all waiting for you. While the price point might leave a dent in your bank account, it’s definitely worth the feeling it leaves you with, not to mention your partner! Other lingerie brands that fit within this category are Kiki de Montparnasse, Myla or Maison Close, so make sure you have a look at those too!
3. Looking for simple and sexy intimates, without breaking the bank? We got you. These gooseberry intimates or Pierre Noire might just be for you and your pocketbook! They have a great selection of intimates, both intended as sexy sleepwear. Their lingerie collection includes various balconette bras to underwear sets, including high-waisted and thong bottoms. Fun!
4. If you are looking for day-to-day underwear that is comfortable and makes you feel and look good, Calvin Klein is just for you. It's minimalistic yet sensual. Not only can you get lingerie from them, but also enjoy comfortable sleepwear that you won’t want to take off in the morning. Another great alternative to Calvin Klein, though slightly on a different spectrum, is SKIMS. What we love the most about this brand are the natural and neutral tones that suit many skin tones. If you can't get SKIMS where you are and are on the market for nude underwear, then Nubian Skin or Wolfords are other great alternatives to check out.
5. Another brand that isn’t spoken about as much but covers everything from half-cup, padded, soft cup, and strapless to push-up bras that suit every shape with a great colour selection — yes, really — is Simone Perele. As an alternative, you can also check out Fleur Du Mal. You definitely won't be disappointed with the array of collections and fabrics you’ll find here.
PS: If you not only want to look good on the inside but also what to sleep well, then take a look at I.D. Sarrieri sleepwear. Both their sleepwear and lingerie will leave you wanting more in the best possible way!
While lingerie may not have been at the top of your “must-have” list for one reason or another, we hope you can see just how important it is to feel like a bold, powerful and worthy woman. All that’s left is to find the right style and attitude for you. Then you can get out there and kick some butt!